This year, Westport Federal Credit Union is taking part in The Credit Union College Scholarship Program to help students pay for their education. The Credit Union College Scholarship Program, supported by Massachusetts Credit Unions and our statewide campaign, Better Values – Better Banking, is funding six (6) $1,500 scholarships that will be awarded to high school graduates chosen as winners from across the state. And Westport Federal Credit Union is hoping that one of those lucky winners is a member of our credit union.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation:
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college/university degree program during the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of Westport Federal Credit Union. If you are not currently a member but would like to be eligible you can open an account online 24/7 here.
- Each applicant must complete a current Scholarship Application and submit it with the other required material to Westport Federal Credit Union
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received for the application to qualify for consideration.
- Completed printed application
- An academic transcript of grades
- A typewritten essay of at least 250 words describing what career you wish to pursue when you complete your education and why.
- A detailed list of extracurricular/community and/or volunteer activities
Once we review all applications, we will select our top 3 and forward them to the Credit Union League. Applications may be dropped off at our Main Office or mailed to:
Westport Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 288
Westport, MA 02790
Attn: Katie Greene
You may also email the completed documents to email@example.com. Application deadline is Friday, April 2, 2021.