Buying a new car today is no easy task. With hundreds of makes and models to choose from, doing your homework is imperative to find a car, but it doesn’t just stop there. Ensuring you have the finances to get a car is top priority. At Westport Federal Credit Union, we are here to help you finance your next car. Check out our 2020 car buying tips below!
- Check your credit history – Your credit score will affect the interest rate you will receive on your auto loan from lenders. At Westport Federal Credit Union we offer free pre-approvals so you know what you can afford based on your credit score. Plus, our auto loan rates as low as 3.04%!
- Save for a down payment – Start setting money aside early for a down payment. Open a savings account at Westport Federal Credit Union anytime, anywhere with our online account opening option and start saving! The more you pay upfront, the lower monthly bill.
- Search online first – Before you visit a dealership, start your search online. Narrow your search down before you visit the dealerships to save you a great deal of time.
- Negotiate – Whether you’re purchasing or leasing a vehicle, be sure to negotiate. Settle on the price of the car and then discuss payment options. See if they will match prices of similar cars you have found on the internet.
- Review the contract – Once negotiations are over, be sure to review the contract and make sure everything that was agreed upon is in the contract.
At Westport Federal Credit Union, we have low rates with terms from 12 months to 84 months. Stop in before you shop to help determine your budget and get your free pre-approval. If you already found your next car, fill out an application online! Secure your financial future with us.