Westport Federal Credit Union is proud to once again be taking part in The Credit Union College Scholarship Program to help students pay for their education. The Cooperative Credit Union Association, Inc.’s Scholarship Program will be awarding six (6) $1,500 scholarships in 2022 to high school graduates chosen as winners from across the state.
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college/university degree program during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of WFCU or must become a member. If you are not currently a member but would like to be eligible, you can open an account online 24/7 (here) – Link for “here” = Westport.org
- The applicant must complete the scholarship application form that is attached. Applications must be submitted to WFCU on or before March 31, 2022.
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration:
- Students must submit a typewritten essay of at least 250 words describing what career they wish to pursue when they complete their education and why.
- An academic transcript of grades
Once we review all applications, we will select our top 3 and forward them to the Cooperative Credit Union Association, Inc. for final consideration. Their respective committee will make the final decision on the winners. Winners will be selected in Spring 2022.
Applications may be dropped off at our Main Office or mailed to:
Westport Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 288
Westport, MA 02790
Attn: Samantha O’Keefe
You may also email the completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2022.