“Money Magic! Share, Spend and Save” is the official theme for this year’s National Credit Union Youth Month.
National Credit Union Youth Month serves to encourage kids to develop healthy saving habits by making savings fun and exciting all throughout the month of April!
Westport Federal Credit Union is trying to encourage parents to teach their kids the importance of saving!
This theme makes it fun for kids to save for their future and helps them find joy in setting aside a little money for everyday spending and helping others. This year’s imagery centers on five kid-friendly characters:
- Save, represented by a piggy bank pig named Penelope (Penny for short) who is always dreaming of the future
- Spend, represented by a flamingo named Pinky who seizes the day and celebrates life by treating them self from time to time.
- Share, represented by a unicorn named Hope who spreads joy by helping others.
- Invest, represented by a bear named Benny who thinks about their future and invests at their credit union.
- Budget, represented by a penguin named Prudence who pays their bills and keeps a fine spreadsheet of needed expenses.
Preparing for the future starts now. You don’t have to leave your house! You can visit us at Westport.org and open an account right from the comfort of your home.